Sunday, November 25, 2007

Annapolis - A Major Concern

I don't usually comment on Israeli politics. I don't live there and I don't believe that I have the right to voice an opinion on such matters. Those who live there and have their lives on the line should be the ones to opine on their own future and security . However, I cannot refrain from sharing my worries about the unfortunate scenario I see unfolding. The present Israeli government is in very bad shape as it does not have the confidence of the majority of the people and is in power only because of the cynicism of the politicians in the coalition who are afraid to lose their ministerial perks. It is headed by a corrupt prime minister who has no morals or integrity. Worse we have a President in this country who, although he has his heart generally in the right place, has shown himself time and again to be totally inept. I believe Daniel Pipes makes a very strong argument here http://www.danielpipes.org/blog/779 .

It also seems to me that people generally are feeling that Annapolis will amount to nothing and that is why there is such equanimity and lack of concern. I worry that we will be surprised.

I hope I am wrong.

1 comment:

  1. From Jerusalem and Tel Zion. Blow the trumpet for us and proclaim a fast day.

    ReplyDelete